Saturday, July 24, 2010

I thought I was a goner...

For the last couple of weeks one of my legs has felt very, very tight - and no matter how much I stretched before or after I exercised, the feeling wouldn't go away. When I was playing volleyball on Thursday night, I ran for a ball and felt an awful POP deep within my calf muscle. I don't know what the heck I did, but I fell to the ground in pain, obviously ending all volleyball that night.  Seriously, I could hardly limp out to my car. I was hoping and praying I hadn't torn something, or else my fitness challenge aspirations were finished... My husband was so annoyed with me when I got home and tried to hop into the house... he tends to get irritated when I push myself too hard, and I already had a sore throat that day, and probably had no business going to play volleyball in the first place....
ANYWAY -
The next day, I had the worst time trying to go up and down my stairs, walking, cleaning, you name it - I didn't get hardly anything accomplished all day. I pulled myself onto the treadmill and was only able to walk a pitiful 2 miles in 36 minutes. Barely enough to call it "getting my heart rate up".
I started getting nervous not only about my fitness challenge goals, but our upcoming vacation - how can I keep up with my kids at Disneyland next week if I can't walk? Ugh.

Well, I'm happy to report that the fitness gods must be smiling at me, because I am MUCH better off today. It still hurts, definitely, but I was able to jog a respectable speed today at least. Looking forward to a day off of exercise tomorrow! Send all your good vibes to me so I can be as good as new on Monday, please!

I wanted to post this because it seems I never talk to ANYONE, and I don't know what kind of struggles and successes you're having. The point of this is to support and encourage eachother!  Please feel free to share as well!

3 comments:

  1. I'm on vacation this week and went to In & Out and San Francisco Pizza! However, I was amazingly good about everything else. It was really hard at a the big family reunion yesterday!!! I'm enjoying some sweets today though. 44 points for me! Be careful with your leg Shellie! Try swimming or faster Pilates to give it time to heel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister, Lara, blogged about the challenge on her blog. You can read the post here:

    http://thegoldenseven.blogspot.com/2010/07/fitness-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your injury heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete